- a not formal
conservative people unaccustomed to informal dress
an informal free-and-easy manner
an informal gathering of friends
- s not officially recognized or controlled
an informal agreement
- a used of spoken and written language
- s having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere
a relaxed informal manner
- All eyes are now on the "informal" ministerial that New Delhi hosts in September.
- But even the supporters of "informal education" are beginning to fear that many schools are adopting the new methods without making teachers apply them systematically.
- Over the years, Warren has talked to thousands of college studentsusually in informal sessions in which his sense of humor and high ethical standards shine through.
News & Articles
- Conservative Groups Press House GOP To Adopt Hastert Rule
The informal guideline named for the former GOP speaker says no bill should pass without the support of the majority of the majority. The reason the groups want it codified is because House Speaker John Boehner has violated the rule several times in recent months.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Vodafone makes informal bid for Kabel Deutschland: Bloomberg
(Reuters) - Vodafone Group Plc has made an informal takeover bid within the past week for Germany's biggest cable company, Kabel Deutschland Holding AG, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter. Takeover talks have not formally begun because Kabel Deutschland believes the price Vodafone suggested was too low, Bloomberg said, citing people who were not authorized to speak ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- House, Senate conferees reach informal agreement on age, height for children in car seats
CONCORD -- The first House-Senate committee of conference of the legislative session on Monday quickly reached informal agreement on differing versions of bills governing to what age and to what height children must remain in car seats.
June 10, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Achim Steiner in The Hindu
UNEP Executive Director and UN Under-Secretary-General Achim Steiner said: "India, Brazil, Mexico and others may face rising environmental damage and health problems if e-waste recycling is left to the vagaries of the informal sector."
- Condoleezza Rice in International Herald Tribune
It's been at least six years since they talked about these issues,Rice said. "It seems wise to begin this ...... informal discussion, to just really sit and talk about the issues. "
- Ahmed Nazif in Al-Bawaba
We are following the case step by step and providing the care and comfort for the residents,Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif said in the statement. "We would like to remind people the danger of building informal housing in dangerous areas."