cozy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a padded cloth covering to keep a teapot warm
- s enjoying or affording comforting warmth and shelter especially in a small space
a cozy nook near the fire
- s having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere
had a cozy chat
the small room was cozy and intimate
- s suggesting connivance
a cozy arrangement with the police
- It is the latest in a series of black eyes for the FDA over unsafe foods, dangerous medicines such as Vioxx and allegedly cozy ties with the pharmaceutical industry it regulates.
- Or calm and cozy Humboldt Park, where the teachers seem to know the names and histories of all 585 students, ages 4 to 14? If you're the parent of a 13-year-old, which would you .
- Accommodations can range from simple yurts to posh lodges, but even the most rustic have cozy beds.
News & Articles
- Indianapolis 500 preview: Will this be the Year of the Woman?
INDIANAPOLIS — Katherine Legge didn't know she'd have a shot at the Indianapolis 500 until it was time to qualify, when Schmidt Peterson Motorsports decided to put her in its second car at the last second. Pippa Mann chatted with tire makers, dropped in on the folks from the television networks and even tried to get cozy with engine maker Honda in the hopes of landing a ride. Both of them have ...
June 18, 2013 - Benton Evening News
- A Fresh Start For Shoreline's Copper Beech Inn
Elegant Landmark Reopens With New, Well, Everything For decades the historic Copper Beech Inn in Ivoryton set the bar when it came to fine dining. The award-winning landmark not only offered cozy accommodations, but was best known for its elegant open-to-the- public elegant main dining room and eventually its more casual tavern, Brasserie Pip. In recent years however, the inn and its restaurants ...
June 17, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- For severely wounded dog, happiness is a warm home
Chloe the Shih Tzu sashays her way across the hardwood floor, a hot-pink vest secured around her small body, her sandy-colored hair pulled into a tiny ponytail to show off her warm brown eyes. She stops at the feet of Abby Dunlap, who is sitting in a cozy armchair in ...
June 17, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Barack Obama in TIME
For too long, for a decade or more, there has been a cozy relationship between the oil companies and the federal agency that permits them to drill,said Obama. "It seems as if permits were too often issued based on little more than...
- Dermot Ahern in New York Times
Millions of people worldwide saw it was a blatant double hand ball, not to mention a double offside,Ahern said. "We should put the powers that be in the cozy world of FIFA on the spot and demand a replay."