- v cause inflammation in
The repetitive motion inflamed her joint
- v catch fire
- v cause to start burning
- v arouse or excite feelings and passions
- v become inflamed; get sore
His throat inflamed
- s resulting from inflammation; hot and swollen and reddened
eyes inflamed with crying
- s lighted with red light as if with flames
the inflamed clouds at sunset
- s adorned with tongues of flame
- By the late 18th century, early editions of American medical journals recommend hemp seeds and roots for the treatment of inflamed skin, incontinence and venereal disease.
- The initiative inflamed smokers, but many ultimately accepted the logic of tempering the habit to preserve their neighbors' lungs.
- His vital audience is not that portion of the electorate that sees him as a savior, nor is it the inflamed opposition that calls him a liar and a zealot.
News & Articles
- Tanks in Beirut as Syria protest leaves one dead
By Laila Bassam BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese troops blocked streets in Beirut with tanks and barbed wire for several hours on Sunday after the killing of a protester outside the Iranian embassy raised factional tensions already inflamed by the war in Syria. The man died during a clash between rival groups of Shi'ite Muslims after militiamen from the Iranian-backed Hezbollah movement opened fire ...
June 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Sermons on Syria fan Mideast sectarian flames
By Mariam Karouny and Alastair Macdonald BEIRUT/CAIRO (Reuters) - Sunni Muslim preachers condemned Iran and its "Satanic" Shi'ite allies in Friday sermons, after a battle in Syria that has inflamed sectarian rhetoric which risks spreading violence around the Middle East. In Tehran, the non-Arab power behind the Shi'ite strand of Islam followed by a minority of Muslims, Iran's Supreme Leader ...
June 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Montasser el-Zayat in International Herald Tribune
The nature of the explosion looks like an act carried out by young, inexperienced amateurs whose emotions were inflamed by the events of Gaza,said Zayat, who once had links with extremist groups himself.
- Amos Wako in Reuters.uk
Such an exercise will go a long way in assuaging the inflamed passions of people,Wako said.
- Kofi Annan in International Herald Tribune
Annan warned that "as long as the Palestinians live under occupation, exposed to daily frustration and humiliation, and as long as Israelis are blown up in buses or in dance halls, so long will passions everywhere be inflamed."