infected : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v communicate a disease to
Your children have infected you with this head cold
- v contaminate with a disease or microorganism
- v corrupt with ideas or an ideology
society was infected by racism
- v affect in a contagious way
- a containing or resulting from disease-causing organisms
- Usually, infected corpses are covered in plastic before they are buried.
- She is but one of 1 million HIV-infected Americans and one of only five ever to have been infected by a health-care worker -- all five by the same dentist.
- One wife became infected after only one exposure, and another after just eight.
News & Articles
- MERS outbreak infected 10 in Jordan in 2012, study shows
By VERONICA LINARES, UPI.com A retrospective study of the MERS coronavirus shows that the first known outbreak took place in Jordan and it infected 10 people, two of whom have died.
June 17, 2013 - UPI
- H.I.V. Tests Urged for 800 Million in India
A statistical study suggests that testing all sexually active adults and treating those infected would save lives and be cost-effective.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Three infected with E. coli in Wellesley, official says
Health officials are investigating an outbreak in Wellesley of E. coli, a bacterial infection that causes stomach distress and can be serious. Wellesley public health director Leonard Izzo said officials believe that three people have been infected, two seriously.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Mark Cuban in International Herald Tribune
In a press release, and in a post on his blog, Cuban accused the commission of being "infected by the misconduct of the staff of its enforcement division," but did not discuss details of the lawsuit.
- President Bush in Middle East Online
Our hearts also go out to the children who have been infected by HIV/AIDS. Together with the EU, the United States is contributing to a fund providing assistance to the Libyan children suffering from this disease and to their families,Bush said.
- Barack Obama in Reuters
In his own comment on the Stevens case, Obama said it was a verdict on "the broken politics that has infected Washington for decades."