- v destroy microorganisms or pathogens by cleansing
disinfect a wound
- Here are seven sweet-smelling ways to disinfect.
- The federal Aquatic Invasive Species Act, passed in 1990, requires ships to disinfect their ballast before discharging it, but critics say its standards aren't tough enough.
- An employee for Sanyo displays the company's new washing machine "Aqua AWD-AQ2000", which has the world's first "Air Wash" function to disinfect and deodorize temperature sensitive .
- Mark Kirk in NBC Chicago (blog)
I agree with Gov. Quinn that in the end, we should fully disinfect our sewage water,Kirk said. "That's not the case now."
- Nancy Pelosi in New York Times
The 411-8 vote gave momentum to the bill (S 1) that Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said would "drain the swamp that is Washington, DC, to let the sunlight disinfect the Congress."
- Stephen J Dubner in ABC News
A whole raft of medical studies have shown that hospital personnel wash or disinfect their hands in fewer than half the instances they should,Dubner said. "And doctors are the worst offenders, more lax than either nurses or aides."