indolence : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n inactivity resulting from a dislike of work
- In the original lyric, a male chastises his female for her indolence and sex appeal.
- The next President will not have the luxury of that sort of indolence, and, happily, both Barack Obama and John McCain have been talking about conservation as a means to get our .
- Warfare is not in character for Laotians, a gentle people given to indolence, rice wine and frequent Buddhist festivals.
News & Articles
- The risk of being lazy with investments
It’s much easier to be lazy than diligent; this applies to many aspects of life. We’ve seen companies fail due to syndromes of laziness: allowing safety requirements to sag, not putting in the proper internal oversight, or using one nail when two should be used. Investors are not immune to indolence. In the long run... Read More
July 22, 2013 - The Indianapolis Star
- China’s State Media Lashes Out Against Local Blockbuster ‘Tiny Times’
An opinion piece in the "People’s Daily" questions the “unconditional indolence” of Guo Jingming’s coming-of-age hit, while Chinese social media users lash back at the article's suggestions of state control. read more
July 16, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- James Madison in The Columbian
Madison wrote "During almost 15 centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both,...
- Ethan Hawke in Stuff.co.nz
It's also about indolence and greed,adds Hawke. "It was written in a moment when Russia was on the brink of giant change and I think a lot of people feel that way right now. In Russia at that time the economy was completely falling apart...
- Winston Peters in The Press
Asked for his reaction to that yesterday, Peters said: "Here is my reaction. I challenged the editor and the writer of this scandalous piece of journalism, indolence and sloth to check our books and then apologise and then resign and they haven't...