indorsement : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books)
- n a speech seconding a motion
- n formal and explicit approval
- n a signature that validates something
- n the act of endorsing
- A subcommittee found it was "artfully drawn" in that "indorsement" was a misleading word for some birth control pronouncements mentioned in it.
- In the face of the tremendous Coolidge landslide, there were elected to the new House of Representatives more members having Labor's indorsement than are to be found in the .
- Dictator Premier Primo de "Rivera, pride-puffed, announced last week that over 6,000,000 votes had been cast in indorsement of his regime during the recent Spanish plebiscite .