indicative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mood (grammatically unmarked) that represents the act or state as an objective fact
- a relating to the mood of verbs that is used simple in declarative statements
- s (usually followed by `of') pointing out or revealing clearly
actions indicative of fear
- The term, popularized in 2006 by Grey's Anatomy and more recently by Oprah Winfrey, is fairly indicative of where we are linguistically as a nation.
- The rescue operation was dubbed Jaque which means "check," as in checkmate, in Spanish and was indicative of how deeply Colombia's military intelligence has been able to .
- But Arbat is of a different order: it is not only indicative of Mikhail Gorbachev's leash-loosening policies but also an official seal of disapproval on the past.
News & Articles
- The Buying of America
Is the pending deal by a Chinese company to purchase iconic Smithfield Foods indicative of the buying of America by China?
June 12, 2013 - WUSA 9 Washington, D.C.
- Gay rights groups condemn NYPD over alleged 'homophobic' arrest
Gay rights groups and anti-violence activists gathered Tuesday outside One Police Plaza to condemn NYPD officers they said wrongly arrested three men in Brooklyn last week because they were gay, saying it was indicative of the force's "homophobia."
June 11, 2013 - amNewYork
- A.M. Best Assigns Ratings to Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation’s New Shelf Registration
A.M. Best Co. has assigned indicative ratings of “bbb” on senior unsecured debt, “bbb-” on subordinated debt and “bb+” on junior subordinated debt, preferred stock and trust preferred securities to the recently filed $300 million shelf registration of Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation [NASDAQ:IPCC].
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Paul Allen in Yahoo! Sports
The process was more public and took longer than any of us would have liked, but that was indicative of how critical a decision this was for our franchise,Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen said in a statement.
- Condoleezza Rice in FOXNews
Some of the debate in Washington is in fact indicative of the concerns that some of the American people have ...... if the Iraqi government doesn't do what it has said it will do,Rice said she told leaders from all of Iraq's factions.
- John McCain in TIME
It's indicative of how some of our enemies view America,McCain said. "And I guarantee you, they're not going to endorse me."