declarative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mood (grammatically unmarked) that represents the act or state as an objective fact
- a relating to the use of or having the nature of a declaration
- a relating to the mood of verbs that is used simple in declarative statements
- Obama, by contrast, answered with simple declarative sentences: "We will kill bin Laden.
- If the entitlement summit was a conversational concerto, the budget speech was a full-blown symphony featuring a percussive series of simple declarative sentences that conveyed a .
- News of the distinction has garnered headlines ranging from the quizzical ("Does Tony Blair Deserve a Medal?") to the declarative ("Blair's Medal of Dishonor").
News & Articles
- 4 Reasons the UFC Needs Criteria for Induction to the UFC Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame: The mere words elicit images of grandstanding champions dominating their respective sports. Through any and all means, each athlete worthy of such honorable mention must have broken records in a manner iconic of his or her sport. Definitive and declarative, entry into this upper echelon ought to be beyond argument. Or so it should be. Yet the UFC Hall of Fame is often discussed for ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Patrick Wolf in PR Newswire (press release)
Oracle Application Express's 4GL declarative development and the built-in features like security, validation, themes, flash charting, PDF reporting, and Web Services, among others, increases the productivity of our developers,said Patrick...
- Bill Gates in Live-PR.com (Pressemitteilung)
Gates commented: "We're investing very heavily : it, should take a tenth as much code as it takes today: You should be able to do things on a declarative basis: It's something that will change software development."
- Pat Roberts in Seattle Times
Bush "made very declarative statements. There's no question about it," said Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., the committee's chairman. "He made a case to go to war. We all did. ...... We believed it. But the information was wrong. What he (the...