- v to make better
- v get better
- s getting higher or more vigorous
an improving economy
- From atomic bombs to cell phones, the technological developments of the 20th Century have been profound, both improving our lives and endangering us.
- More evidence of Africa turning the corner came Monday, in the form of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation's finding that governance is improving in 31 out of 48 sub-Saharan African countries.
- Iranians elected Ahmadinejad, 49, with the clear mandate of improving their economic lives.
News & Articles
- Mandela’s Health Improving, Says Former President Mbeki
Nelson Mandela’s health is improving after a two-week stay in a South African hospital where he is receiving treatment for a recurring lung infection, former President Thabo Mbeki said.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Improving the grounds at the Land Conservancy of New Jersey in Montville
The Goldman Sachs volunteers spent a day improving the grounds at the Land Conservancy of New Jersey in Montville. Volunteers – like Dan Carollo, left, Jeff Wagner and Nancy Rynearson, right - weeded, pruned and raked the garden paths, planted annuals and perennials, removed large branches and debris from around the property, repaired the garden fence and concrete wall, removed invasive plants ...
June 19, 2013 - The Record
- Improving Your Portfolio by Knowing What to Avoid
Improving Your Portfolio by Knowing What to Avoid
June 18, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Al Gore in Globe and Mail
Mr. Gore called the award meaningful because of his co-winner, calling the IPCC the "world's pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis."
- Mitch McConnell in Los Angeles Times
It is my hope that the majority's avowed interest in improving this legislation on the Senate floor is genuine and the partisan gamesmanship is over,said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), promising "many amendments."
- Lucy Liu in Newsweek
Many of the necessary changes that have been identified, including increasing transparency, improving risk management and attaining better coordination among regulators could provide important support to the process of normalizing our financial... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/10/AR2008041001041.html%3Fhpid%3Dmoreheadlines&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHaprp6sijA22OmbmflS-Ay-Gy4ow Apr 10, 2008
50277 67895 improvisation Working without knowing what you are doing from start to finish is very difficult," Liu said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It was really improvisation. It was exciting. It keeps you on your toes."