- v lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
The suspects were imprisoned without trial
- v confine as if in a prison; he does not let them go out without a chaperone"
His daughters are virtually imprisoned in their own house
- s being in captivity
- After spending their entire lives imprisoned in a cramped, windowless cellar deep underground along with their mother, Elisabeth, they are now being cared for in a special wing of .
- His incestuous abuse led to the birth of seven children, three of whom he kept imprisoned underground with their mother.
- Josef Fritzl, who raped his daughter and imprisoned her and their children was, he says,.
News & Articles
- Imprisoned swindler claims "shake-down" by Swallow, Shurtleff
Attorneys for imprisoned swindler Marc Sessions Jenson filed documents Saturday afternoon claiming he is a victim of a "shake-down" by embattled Attorney General John Swallow and his predecessor, Mark Shurtleff.
June 16, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Stunning court filing claims 'shakedown' by Swallow, Shurtleff
Attorneys for imprisoned swindler Marc Sessions Jenson filed court documents Saturday claiming he is a victim of a...
June 16, 2013 - Deseret News
- Egypt seen to give nod toward jihadis on Syria
CAIRO (AP) — Under Hosni Mubarak's rule, Egypt's authorities took a tough line on Egyptians coming home after waging "jihad" in places like Afghanistan, Chechnya or the Balkans, fearing they would bring back extremist ideology, combat experience and a thirst for regime change. In most cases, they were imprisoned and tortured.
June 16, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in AFP
I wish to convey my best wishes to Aung San Suu Kyi, the world's only imprisoned Nobel Peace laureate, on the occasion of her 65th birthday on June 19,Obama said in his message. "I once again call on the Burmese government to release Aung...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Reuters
It is absolutely wrong to release someone who has been imprisoned based on the evidence about his involvement in such a horrendous crime,US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters.
- Gordon Brown in The Sun
Mr Brown said yesterday: "The wall that imprisoned half a city, half a country, half a continent, half a world for nearly a third of a century was swept away by the greatest force of all - the unbreakable spirit of men and women who dared to dream...