implanted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fix or set securely or deeply
The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum
- v become attached to and embedded in the uterus
The egg fertilized in vitro implanted in the uterus of the birth mother with no further complications
- v put firmly in the mind
- s (used especially of ideas or principles) deeply rooted; firmly fixed or held
- It has shipped 7,000 chips worldwide and figures about 2,000 have been implanted.
- Medical guidelines limit the practice to one or two implanted embryos at most.
- Electrodes were implanted in the subgenual cingulate region of the volunteers' brains, and as soon as the device was turned on, the authors wrote, "All patients spontaneously .
News & Articles
- Three-year-old Charlotte boy hears for the first time
A microchip implanted in his brain helps process and recognize sound which travels through tubes to his ear.
June 20, 2013 - WTOC 11 Savannah
- Brain stem implant helps boy hear father for first time
Grayson Clamp was born deaf, but he is able to hear after doctors in Charlotte implanted a microchip into his brain to compute sound. Unlike a cochlear implant, which goes on the hearing nerve, Grayson's implant goes right on the brain stem.
June 20, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Health, Not Age, Affects Benefits of Implanted Heart Device: Study
Title: Health, Not Age, Affects Benefits of Implanted Heart Device: Study Category: Health News Created: 6/17/2013 4:35:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/18/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 19, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Zachary Levi in Akron Beacon Journal
I went from everyday scraping-it-out to Chuck on a show called Chuck,Levi said. "Getting this show was like Chuck getting government secrets implanted in his brain. You just kind of fear it and embrace it."
- Henry Paulson in Trading Markets (press release)
We didn't implement a flawed strategy, we implanted a strategy that worked,Paulson argued.
- Fabio Capello in guardian.co.uk
They have implanted this new philosophy, a new touch system, not only long balls, so that is good for English football,said Capello. "Liverpool have never had a player like Torres. He is playing phenomenally well. He could be one of the...