- v put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground
- v fix or set securely or deeply
He planted a knee in the back of his opponent
The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum
- v set up or lay the groundwork for
- v place into a river
- v place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive
- v put firmly in the mind
- s (used especially of ideas or principles) deeply rooted; firmly fixed or held
a deeply planted need
- a set in the soil for growth
- A planted roof usually comes in one of two varieties: extensive or intensive.
- In 1943, Americans planted 20.
- Alan Dershowitz: There are two issues -- whether the glove was planted and whether or not blood was planted on the glove.
News & Articles
- Bomb found under Italian diplomatic car in Tripoli
ROME (Reuters) - A bomb planted under an Italian diplomatic car in the Libyan capital of Tripoli was discovered and detonated by experts on Tuesday, the Italian Foreign Ministry said. No one was injured. The driver of the car discovered the explosive device when he stopped the vehicle after hearing a strange noise, a ministry spokesman told Reuters. Two embassy officials were travelling in the ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Trees planted at dog park
ATLANTIC – Approximately 27 trees were planted at the proposed dog park area near the Schildberg Recreation area in Atlantic on Saturday, and Atlantic Park and Recreation Director Roger Herring said m
June 11, 2013 - Atlantic News Telegraph
- Anne Frank tree to be planted at Southern Cayuga school today
A sapling taken from the famous Anne Frank tree will be planted Wednesday at Emily Howland Elementary School in Southern Cayuga.
June 11, 2013 - The Auburn Citizen
- Keith Richards in RTE.ie
A statement on the official Rolling Stones website from Richards says: "The complete story is lost in the usual slanting." "The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now...
- Helen Mirren in Reuters
For 50 years and more, Elizabeth Windsor has maintained her dignity, her sense of duty and her hairstyle. She's had her feet planted firmly on the ground, her hat on her head, her handbag on her arm and she has weathered many, many storms,...
- Tom Hicks in Independent
For the moment, Hicks says: "Reports that I am about to sell my stake in the Liverpool Football Club, or to invite DIC to examine the club's books in preparation for such a sale - like other such reports planted in the UK press by parties with their...