- n a weakly magnetic black mineral found in metamorphic and plutonic rocks; an iron titanium oxide in crystalline form; a source of titanium
- To determine how heavy the ilmenite concentrations are at that site and to look for other outcroppings as well, NASA recently decided to conduct telescope surveys of four lunar .
- Around Jacksonville, two companies are mining ilmenite and rutile, from which the wonder metal titanium is produced.
- Florida mines ilmenite and rutile ore.
News & Articles
- Irish-based miner Kenmare eyes $106 mln cash injection
LONDON (Reuters) - Irish-based miner Kenmare Resources said it would sell new shares to raise 66.33 million pounds in short term liquidity after weak pricing for minerals and lower production caused a funding squeeze. Kenmare, which mines ilmenite and zircon from its Moma mine in Mozambique, said on Thursday it would place 250.3 million new ordinary shares, representing 9.89 percent of its ...
Oct. 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Jay Hambro in Reuters
Every tonne of sponge requires three tonnes of ilmenite, so that's 45,000 tonnes of ilmenite (a year) from Kuranakh,Hambro said.