- s uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication
an ignorant man
- s uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field
she is ignorant of quantum mechanics
- s unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge
he was completely ignorant of the circumstances
- And the more ignorant the masses, the more popular was Gandhi.
- The bigot comes to America and insults its most genteel members, agrees with its most ignorant, and sets out to pursue the Big Breasted Virgin Blonde, the real American male dream.
- At 18, pretty, ignorant little Ovida ("Cricket") Coogler was a product of New Mexico's political corruption.
News & Articles
- George Takei On Historic Supreme Court Decisions
Future generations will shake their heads at how narrow, fearful and ignorant we sounded today,Takei writes
June 27, 2013 - People Magazine
- More Fed-Up Interns Take Grievances to Court
Gawker Media is among the companies whose interns have recently appealed to courts with their grievences. The lawsuits suggest that hiring managers are either ignorant of labor laws, give them short shrift or willfully ignore what some observers view as clearly defined requirements.
June 27, 2013 - ABC News
- Paula Deen's downfall
Being from 'another time' isn't an excuse to be ignorant by Gwynedd Stuart Celebrity scandals have a tendency to follow a very specific pattern, one that unfolds at lightening speed and that I'm pretty sure we take some amount of comfort in. As a society, if there's anything we like more than predictability, it's instant gratification.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 26, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Barack Obama in Indian Express
To this day there are those who insist that the Holocaust never happened, a denial of fact and truth that is baseless and ignorant and hateful,Obama said, echoing his words in Cairo in an address that reached for what he called a "new...
- Stephen Hadley in New York Times
The memo, written by the national security adviser, Stephen J. Hadley, said that while Mr. Maliki seemed to have good intentions when talking with Americans, "the reality on the streets suggests Maliki is either ignorant of what's going on,...