illiterate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person unable to read
- a not able to read or write
- s uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field
he is musically illiterate
- a lacking culture, especially in language and literature
- One of these women is Gulhar Jalal, a childhood friend of Meena's and an illiterate widow who now represents the province of Kunar.
- Almost all the recruits were illiterate.
- And if, in addition to being a hyperactive polygamist, the father is an illiterate billionaire, then a certain amount of deviousness, among the older boys, shouldn't surprise us.
News & Articles
- Big stars in apocalyptic movies
Crisis conditions: A holy war has left most of Earth ravaged, waterless and, for some reason, illiterate. The hero's journey: A ruthless nomad traverses west unhindered by his blindness, driven by a voice that tells him to deliver a strange book to its haven on the coast.
June 21, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Bill Maher to Little Rock on Sept. 14
For some reason, Bill Maher — comedian, filmmaker, TV producer, political commentator and host of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" — has decided to try to bring his acerbic wit and withering put-downs to all of us slack-jawed, illiterate hillbillies here in Arkansas. Aw, heck. Knowing us, we probably won't really "get" his jokes and so forth. Oh sure, we'll probably eventually figure out when ...
June 21, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- PRUDEN: An abundance of villains in the great immigration scam
ANALYSIS/OPINION: Villains abound in the great immigration scam, now playing out in Congress, and not all of them are Democrats. Some are fat cats of the Republican persuasion, and the satisfied smiles on their faces suggest Cheshire blood lines. An endless supply of poor, hungry and illiterate peasants, preferably from ...
June 18, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Jerry Lewis in Reuters Canada
Oh, your family has come to see you. You remember Bart, your oldest son, Jesse, the illiterate fag ......,Lewis said, as he apparently caught himself and ceased the gag in mid-sentence, turning on his heel away from the camera.
- Lou Reed in Sunday Times.au
It's one of the most disgusting, foul things I've seen by any illiterate retard in a long time,Reed said.