- v cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat
- v start to burn or burst into flames
Marsh gases ignited suddenly
- v arouse or excite feelings and passions
- s set afire
the ignited paper
- The combination of inflexibility and public humiliation for those not meeting federal goals ignited so much frustration among educators that NCLB now appears to be an irreparably .
- After floating debris and oils ignited in 1969, the public outcry over this burning river in Ohio helped spur the Clean Water Act and the creation of the Environmental Protection .
- When PTI compared the Java Log to a Duraflame (a log made of sawdust and wax), the Java Log ignited more quickly and produced taller, prettier flames.
News & Articles
- Fire burning in Pueblo's Fountain Creek riverbed
A fire has ignited in the Fountain Creek river bottom.
June 12, 2013 - The Pueblo Chieftain
- Wind-driven wildfires destroy homes near Colorado Springs
By Keith Coffman DENVER (Reuters) - High winds, scorching heat and low humidity fueled a wildfire that burned several homes on the edge of Colorado Springs on Tuesday and another blaze forced the evacuation of one of Colorado's top tourist attractions, authorities said. The blaze near Colorado Springs ignited on Tuesday and ripped through the Black Forest, northeast of the city, said Mike ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Study suggests heading soccer balls can lead to brain injuries
A study suggesting heading soccer balls can lead to brain injury has ignited a firestorm in the world of athletics.
June 11, 2013 - KCTV 5 Kansas City
- John McCain in FOXNews
On "The View," McCain said that Palin had "ignited a spark" among voters but acknowledged they parted ways on certain issues.
- Colin Barnett in Times Online
It is understood that the refugees on the boat spread petrol and that ignited causing the explosion,Colin Barnett, the conservative Western Australian Premier, told reporters.
- Tom Cruise in Forbes
Cruise said the movie "really ignited a huge flame and a lot of dialogue" at screenings at US colleges, "which is what I think is what this kind of film should do."