- n a glassy translucent substance that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions
- s resembling glass in transparency or translucency
the morning is as clear as diamond or as hyaline"-Sacheverell Sitwell
- The hyaline membrane disease that kills at least 25,000 infants every year (among them: Patrick Bouvier Kennedy) and the heart attacks that are fatal to 500,000 adult Americans .
- When a baby is born prematurely, he is especially susceptible to a breathing difficulty that develops into hyaline membrane disease.
- On it is the grunting cough of a child with hyaline membrane disease, a frequently fatal condition that occurs in premature infants.
News & Articles
- Drexel grad's firm helps Philly texters 911 on the QT
Daniel Steinberg was a student at Drexel when his nascent software firm, Hyaline Creative, designed a Web site for the University of Pennsylvania police. When Steinberg's contact at the Penn police moved on to the Philadelphia police, the opportunities grew. Read more in my Monday column in the Philadelphia Inquirer here.
Nov. 11, 2013 - Philly.com