hurricane : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a severe tropical cyclone usually with heavy rains and winds moving a 73-136 knots (12 on the Beaufort scale)
- Amid all the planning for another hurricane emergency, New Orleans officials now have to make provisions for animals too.
- On the eve of hurricane season, New Orleans has learned Katrina's lesson: Trust no one and nothing.
- The hurricane was the least of the surprises.
News & Articles
- Hurricane evacuation Friday at the Corpus Christi Gym
A hurricane evacuation drill was held Friday at the Corpus Christi Gym.
June 22, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Hurricane shutter theft on the rise
When a hurricane hits they're the first line of defense for your home, but storm shutters are also one of the most common items found in scrap yards across Southwest Florida.
June 22, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers
- Hurricane season again - time to check your home insurance
Sure, it's time for summer fun, but hurricane season is also upon us. And that means you have work to do with your homeowner's insurance. Major storms have a way of making insurers re-examine what they are covering, and at what price. And in the wake of last year's Hurricane Sandy, which caused tens of billions of dollars in damages, you can bet that policies are getting a close look. (Vie ...
June 21, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
Obama in a speech Tuesday night from the Oval Office said that "unlike an earthquake or a hurricane, it is not a single event that does its damage in a matter of minutes or days."
- Charlie Crist in CNN
The damage from Fay is a reminder that a tropical storm does not have to reach a hurricane level to be dangerous and cause significant damage,Crist said Friday morning.
- Portia Simpson Miller in Forbes
Let us band together and unite in the threat of this hurricane,Simpson-Miller said.