- a pertaining to or concerned with the humanities
a humane education
- a marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering
- s showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement
- Voters are set to pass a proposition for the humane treatment of pigs and other farm animals.
- I think if you're dealing with a humane terminating manager and a humane HR person, their hearts are breaking too.
- Colorado State's Grandin, who helped refine standards for humane livestock slaughter, says Americans have an "ick" factor when it comes to the idea of horseflesh, equating it, she .
News & Articles
- Humane Society's Hoedown for Hounds
The Humane Society of Ottawa County invites you to Hoedown for Hounds at 3 p.m. Saturday at Fort Firelands Family Campground, 5650 E. Harbor Rd.
June 13, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- Humane Society dog wash Saturday
The Humane Society of Rowan County will hold its first dog wash fundraiser of the season this Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the back entrance to Salisbury Mall. The organization has held dog washes for more than 30 years on the third Saturday of...
June 13, 2013 - The Salisbury Post
- Humane society needs help in cleanup
WATERLOO --- The Cedar Bend Humane Society, 1166 W. Airline Highway, is looking for volunteers to help with yard work in on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and tools. Refreshments will be provided.
June 13, 2013 - Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
- John Roberts in 940 News
The inmates "have not carried their burden of showing that the risk of pain from maladministration of a concededly humane lethal injection protocol, and the failure to adopt untried and untested alternatives, constitute cruel and unusual...
- Richard Eyre in International Herald Tribune
It is hard not to be Polyanna-ish about Paul because he is such a manifestly good man, so humane and decent, and curiously void of ego,said director Richard Eyre, former artistic director of Britain's National Theatre. "All the pride he...
- Tom Vilsack in International Herald Tribune
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said the ban was "a step forward for both food safety and the standards for humane treatment of animals."