- n a classical scholar or student of the liberal arts
- n an advocate of the principles of humanism; someone concerned with the interests and welfare of humans
- a of or pertaining to Renaissance humanism
the humanistic revival of learning
- a of or pertaining to a philosophy asserting human dignity and man's capacity for fulfillment through reason and scientific method and often rejecting religion
the humanist belief in continuous emergent evolution"- Wendell Thomas
- a pertaining to or concerned with the humanities
- s marked by humanistic values and devotion to human welfare
respect and humanistic regard for all members of our species
- Some felt that any religioneven a humanist varietyis unscientific.
- The 1958 British A Night to Remember is still revered for its balance of newsreel realism and humanist pluck.
- With his fourth volume of autobiographical essays, Sedaris completes the transition from humorist to humanist, from a guy who writes hilarious recollections to a memoirist who .
News & Articles
- Russ Lemmon: All eyes will be on Fletcher, Carroll at this week's Vero Beach council meeting | Poll, Video, Photo ...
In the Vero Beach City Council's first meeting since the flap over a proclamation for Humanist Recognition Week, all eyes will be on Craig Fletcher and Tracy Carroll. Will they publicly apologize to Phil Katrovitz for the way they treated him?
June 18, 2013 - Indian River Press Journal
- NGU's Epting defends elementary school's rights
An elementary school criticized by a humanist group after prayers were said during its fifth-grade graduation has the right to hold the program where and how it sees fit, according to the president of the university where the ceremony was held.
June 17, 2013 - The Greenville News
- New Xulon Title Speaks to the Hearts of Creative Believers
MAITLAND, Fla., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Rayla-Jeanne Klepetko's new book, The Genesis Approach to Art: Studying Art from a Biblical Perspective ($13.99, paperback, 978-1-62697-456-2; $6.99, e-book, 978-1-62697-457-9) reveals how humanist presumptions about art have been left...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Mahinda Rajapakse in Reuters UK
We were all proud to have this celebrated author, visionary and promoter of space exploration, prophet of satellite communications, great humanist and lover of animals in our midst,Rajapaksa said in a statement.
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Denver Post
French President Nicolas Sarkozy called Pinter a "great playwright and lucid, agitated and uncompromising humanist."
- Stephen Schwarzman in International Herald Tribune
The work he has created for stage, film and television has made an indelible impression,Kennedy Center Chairman Stephen Schwarzman said Tuesday. "It is the work of not just a humorist but also a humanist."