- n the central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes
- n a center of activity or interest or commerce or transportation; a focal point around which events revolve
the playground is the hub of parental supervision
the airport is the economic hub of the area
- But today, thanks largely to abundant government funding, the city-state has become a regional hub for bioscience research, with a speciality in stem cells.
- A severe thunderstorm hits a hub airport like Dallas-Fort Worth, grounding all of the planes there for two hours.
- A humming social network, community sing-along, instant-messaging hub, mobile-launched pub-crawls and numbers-crunching by committee.
- Ayub Khan in Common Dreams (press release)
The locality has been a hub of militants. Locals set up a militia and expelled the militants from this area. This attack seems to be a reaction to their expulsion,Ayub Khan, the local police chief, told reporters.
- Chris Bowen in BusinessWeek
If Australia seriously wants to be considered as a financial center, if we seriously want to be regarded as a global financial services hub, then the days of having a monopoly in our capital and financial markets need to come to an end,Bowen...
- Kevin Rudd in The Canberra Times
The Government recognises the enormous export potential of the financial services industry, and is committed to developing policies to establish Australia as a regional financial services hub,Mr Rudd said.