horsefly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n winged fly parasitic on horses
- n large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals
- Babe, nipped by a horsefly at the moment a sturgeon took the bait, twitched so violently that the huge fish was sent sailing all the way to Payette Lake.
- The coachman whipped up his cob, and the little party rumbled off along Fifty-ninth Street, Tilley brandishing his brassie with great ferocity at a horsefly.
- Amid the tangle of stalled automobiles, the word darted around as erratically as a horsefly in a stable: "O Golpe! The coup!" In jittery Rio, something as commonplace as a .
News & Articles
- Airport, Horsefly team up for service
Nate Wick/Daily PressLisa Davis pours a Peace Maker for a customer at the Horsefly Brewing Company on Wednesday.
Jan. 23, 2014 - Montrose Daily Press
- Ian Poulter in AFP
I was practising at Woburn on Monday and got bitten by a horsefly or something,said Poulter. "It was swollen yesterday and when I put my hand in my pocket I felt a big lump on my groin and knew it wasn't right. I went to the doctors, was...