horsehair : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hair taken from the mane or tail of a horse
- n a fabric made from fibers taken from the mane or tail of horses; used for upholstery
- At Dior, the exaggerated shape of a horsehair skirt echoed his penchant for stiff fabrics.
- This procedure takes many weary months, often years, has brought a good percentage of successful results with victims of every kind of allergyfrom canteloupe to horsehair.
- The most conspicuous guest was a resident of the hotel: rotund Tenor John McCormack, 60, who sat on a horsehair sofa in the corner, listening with closed eyes.
News & Articles
- Fine-tuned: Music teacher devotes time to repairing, making string instruments
WENATCHEE—Aaron Davis’ garage has not resembled a garage in years. Instead of skis, bicycles or tools hanging from the walls, bows, instruments and horsehair delicately dangle around the workshop. Shelves of shiny black viola and violin cases wait to be repaired. On a table, a violin lies in shambles in an open case. All the strings are gone except for a few stragglers that protrude from around ...
June 20, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Clinton Kelly in Seattle Times
Portland is worse,Kelly said. "There are so many women wearing denim on denim. Jeans with a denim shirt and that long, horsehair ponytail. I can't stand it. People say, 'My husband loves my long hair!' but that's because your husband has...
- George Martin in Times Online
But John was a dreamer,Martin says. "In his mind everything was so beautiful and much better than it was in real life. He was never a person of nuts and bolts. The bitter truth is, music is nuts and bolts - horsehair going over a bit of...