horsehide : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n leather from the hide of a horse
- Its horsehide cover conceals a cork core wrapped in two layers of rubber and 490 machine-wound yards of five kinds of yarn.
- Baseball's drug problems are as durable as horsehide, and A-Rod's Primobolan boosters were arguably less dangerous than Mickey Mantle's experiences with booze and speed.
- Smudges on the horsehide as Carter plays hardball "You take the high road and we'll take the low road," is the advice a presidential candidate usually gets.
News & Articles
- A Don McCormack column: Easton well-armed for debut
Though blessed with rocket-like left arm, one that can hurl a horsehide sphere at 90 mph from 60 feet, 6 inches, Brandon Easton has been kept at arm’s length from seeing action in his first baseball game as a professional.
July 2, 2013 - Star Beacon
- Ian Tyson in Great Falls Tribune
Canadian Ian Tyson wrote "The Gift" about Russell's artistic technique - how he could "paint the light on horsehide shining ...... and the twisting wrist of the Houlihan throw."