- n the flesh of horses as food
- There had been three horsemeat-processing plants here that shipped meat overseas for consumption by humans and kept some behind for consumption by animals.
- Congress hasn't done much this year, but few bills have stirred more passion than one to protect horses from being turned into horsemeat.
- One Paris family out of ten eats horse regularly because dark-red, sweet-tasting horsemeat costs two-thirds the price of beef.
News & Articles
- Lileks: Embodying our moods … with precipitation
In the old days, public sculpture was a fairly easy proposition. You had your man on a horse. You had your city leader with his hand in his jacket, looking nobly to the future, holding a document to indicate he was the Father of the Sanitary Horsemeat Act or some such thing.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Robert Byrd in TheHorse.com
The market for horsemeat is not an American market,said Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-WV). "Horsemeat is shipped abroad. The three slaughterhouses in the US are foreign-owned. Thus, American horses are sold to a foreign company, killed for...
- Bo Derek in IGNN (press release)
As both a horsewoman and a compassionate person, I applaud the resolve of the people of Illinois to end the cruel, bloody trade in horsemeat,said actress Bo Derek. "My family hails from the State of Illinois and I know they would be proud...
- Zoe Lofgren in Dallas Morning News
I'm for the horsies, too. I'll vote for it,said Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., but "I can't believe that we are here today using the very limited time left to this Congress to deal with horsemeat."