- s lacking in physical beauty or proportion
a homely child
several of the buildings were downright homely
- s having a feeling of home; cozy and comfortable
the homely everyday atmosphere
- s plain and unpretentious
letters to his son full of homely advice
- s without artificial refinement or elegance
plain homely furniture
- True, the car was kind of homely, fuel thirsty and too expensive, particularly at the outset of the late '50s recession.
- It was homely, but everyone needed it.
- Troubled Coleco is cashing in big on the year's hottest toySo what are we to think about the great Cabbage Patch Kids madness of 1983? What are we to think of a homely,.
News & Articles
- 2014 Kia Optima
The Optima went from a homely wallflower to one of the most bodacious mid-size sedans in just a year (that year was the 2011 model year); and ever since then there's been no looking back for Kia. Granted, the brand was already in the midst of a transformation, with models like the Soul utility wagon, and ever-sharper versions of the...
June 11, 2013 - The Car Connection
- Phil Gartside in Bolton News
I think we disengaged with the fans a bit and I think it's important that we get back to being the homely, family club that we claim to be,Gartside said. "There are some things that are going to be put into place that will hopefully repair...
- Michael McGimpsey in Build.ie
Mr McGimpsey added: "This unique facility was planned in consultation with young people in care. It provides the latest in treatment and care in a safe, homely environment. It ensures that children with learning disabilities are assessed and treated...
- Willie Colon in Los Angeles Times
I believe that Puchi actually caused Hector's downfall,ColÃ³n said. "I never understood why he put up with such a negative, homely, vulgar person. The biggest crime is the canonization of Puchi so that Jennifer can play her."