- n a negotiator who hopes to gain concessions by refusing to come to terms
their star pitcher was a holdout for six weeks
- n a refusal by a negotiator to come to terms in the hope of obtaining a better deal
- n the act of hiding playing cards in a gambling game so they are available for personal use later
- Since India and Pakistan became independent just one year ago, 561 of 562 princely states have joined either one dominion or the other: The holdout is Hyderabad, about the size .
- Such is the parlous state of commerce in the world's last Stalinist holdout.
News & Articles
- Kipnis lifts Tribe over Nationals in ninth inning
PFT: Victor Cruz has caved and signed his one-year, $2.879 million tender with the Giants, but a source tells PFT not to rule out a holdout.
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Holdout results in sequester in shooting trial
NEW BOSTON, Texas—A lone holdout in a Bowie County trial of a Texarkana man accused of shooting and paralyzing another led to the jury staying overnight in a hotel.
June 14, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- Source: Cruz training-camp holdout still possible
Fresh on the heels of the news that Giants receiver Victor Cruz will sign today his one-year, $2.879 million restricted free agency tender while still trying to get a long-term deal, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that a training-camp holdout is still possible. Since Cruz is now under contract, he will…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Lane Kiffin in Washington Post
The last thing we wanted to do with Darren because of our ideas with him was to go into a holdout and for him to miss any time in training camp,Kiffin said. "What I think shows a lot about Darren is the fact that Darren felt the same as we...
- Phil Savage in SportingNews.com
It certainly puts more focus on Brady,Savage said. "He's the only one not here. It's a little more difficult to be a holdout when you don't have people in front of you holding out."
- Herm Edwards in USA Today
The second practice, you could see he got into a flow,Edwards said. "He was really good in the spring and you could just see that he was going to be the player he is going to be. Then he missed camp (in a holdout) and again he goes...