hogshead : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a British unit of capacity for alcoholic beverages
- n a large cask especially one holding 63 gals
- A man like a hogshead of honey.
- In addition, bands of "tea-water men" fill up their carts at springs near Fresh Water Pond, north of the city, and then sell the water in the streets for 3 pence a hogshead.
- FOOD DRINK A cauldron of creamed chicken, a hogshead of ice cream, and equal dispensation of paper hats, balloons and noisemakers used to be enough to ensure the.