hobbyhorse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a topic to which one constantly reverts
don't get him started on his hobbyhorse
- n a child's plaything consisting of an imitation horse mounted on rockers; the child straddles it and pretends to ride
- He shot the boy on the hobbyhorse through the chest and head, then fired again and killed the barber.
- Pursuing his own hobbyhorse, Senator Patrick Leahy reiterated his call for an independent "truth commission" on Bush-era detention and interrogation policies.
- Huiyuan is a high-profile national brand, and its sale to Coke had become a hobbyhorse for nationalists who often dominate popular Internet chat rooms in China.
- Tim Kaine in Los Angeles Times
People who want to take this within 24 hours of the event and make it their political hobbyhorse to ride, I have got nothing but loathing for them,Kaine said.
- Shane Black in TheDenverChannel.com
I've had a private passion for them since I was very young -- it's my hobbyhorse,Black told me in a recent @ The Movies interview. "Private eye novels -- tough guy novels -- are things that I read at a very early age. I was only 9 years...
- Julian Fantino in Toronto Star
We will also need timely political intervention to fix loopholes in current drunk-driving laws that have become the hobbyhorse for defence lawyers to extricate their drunk-driving clients from the consequences of their criminal conduct,...