hockey : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game resembling ice hockey that is played on an open field; two opposing teams use curved sticks try to drive a ball into the opponents' net
- n a game played on an ice rink by two opposing teams of six skaters each who try to knock a flat round puck into the opponents' goal with angled sticks
- Only you can bar Joel Stein from ever mentioning hockey again.
- It was one of the most vicious hits ever leveled in a hockey game.
- French hockey player Michel Breistroff was scheduled to play next season with the German Hockey team of Schwenningen Wild Wings.
News & Articles
- HOLLAND: Hockey game breaks out at Speedway
A hockey beat writer should have been right at home at Black Hills Speedway Friday night.
June 17, 2013 - Rapid City Journal
- Hockey: Bruins say they’ve learned from slow start
Hockey: Bruins say they’ve learned from slow start by Seth Lakso Usa Today Published Jun 16, 2013 04:23PM MDT Boston • It’s not often a team gets outshot 19-4 in the first period of a game and can joke about it the following day. However, thanks to 33 saves from Tuukka Rask and Daniel Paille’s overtime winner in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final in Chicago on Saturday night, that’s exactly what ...
June 16, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- HOCKEY: Local players feature at world championships
The recent World Ball Hockey Championships in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada, had a decidedly local flare. Area graduates Bryce Erb, Tyler Caba and John Carberry and the Team USA men came away with fifth place while Adele King and Jessica Prostack, who play in leagues at the 422 SportsPlex in Pottstown, led the USA women to fourth place. Erb, a Boyertown graduate, made 23 saves in the Americans ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mercury
- Sarah Palin in Politics In Color
I was just your average hockey mom (who) signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kid's public education better,Palin said.
- Rick Dudley in The Associated Press
He's probably as big a player as there is in the National Hockey League and he can skate,Dudley said. "That skill, that combination is so attractive. We think we got something special there."
- Joel Quenneville in Toronto Star
I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there,Quenneville said after the game. "Nothing play. ...... They ruined a good hockey game and absolutely destroyed what was going on the ice. ...... Never seen...