hock : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage)
- n tarsal joint of the hind leg of hoofed mammals; corresponds to the human ankle
- v leave as a guarantee in return for money
- v disable by cutting the hock
- With peppery Montagne Noire sausage, creamy Lauragais beans slow-cooked with ham hock for a rich, smoky taste and the farm-raised duck confit famous in Castelnaudary, Van .
- Pitt received an early draft too, and over dinner at Petersen's favorite German restaurant ("They brought me out a giant ham hock, extra gristle," Pitt recalls), he committed to .
- A few years from now, when Iraq begins to produce serious quantities of oil for export, it may be just enough to send the price down and put the Saudis in even deeper hock.
News & Articles
- 'Pawn Shop Chronicles' review: Paul Walker leads all-star cast in redneck 'Pulp Fiction'
A "redneck 'Pulp Fiction'" is such a natural idea for a grindhouse movie that it's shocking it took almost 20 years for somebody to come up with "Pawn Shop Chronicles."
June 20, 2013 - Zap2It
- Devon Hock of Blacksburg earns doctorate at University of Illinois at Chicago
Devon Hock of Blacksburg earned a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree in physical therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago at the May 2013 Commencement. UIC ranks among the nation’s leading research universities and is Chicago’s largest university with 27,500 students, 12,000 faculty and staff, 15 colleges and the state’s major public medical center. [...]
June 18, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Hock a semifinalist for The Bowerman
NEW ORLEANS – Johannes Hock was named Monday as one of 10 men’s semifinalists for The Bowerman , an award presented annually by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) to both the most outstanding male and female collegiate athletes in the nation.
June 17, 2013 - Texas Longhorns
- Jack Cafferty in New York Times
I don't know if China is any different, but our relationship with China is certainly different,Mr. Cafferty said, according to CNN. "We're in hock to the Chinese up to our eyeballs because of the war in Iraq, for one thing. They're holding...
- Jerry Farwell in Scoop.co.nz (press release)
They had to borrow money, hock their houses, hock everything,said Falwell. "Thank God for friends like Dan Reber and Jimmy Thomas."
- Tony Smith in The Age
We'll decide come game day like we did last week,Smith said. "We hadn't decided which way we were going to go with (Gareth) Hock and Morley and it's a bit the same at the moment. It's a bit undecided there and a couple of other positions...