high-strung : Definition, Usages, News and More
- It can be awkward, because Jobs is high-strung and he expects you to be impressed.
- No one ever got to say what was on their minds in those films, which often featured feverish and high-strung emoting by such live-wire nut jobs as Bette Davis or Joan Crawford who .
- Karns, who lived next door to the Rajarams for eight years, says he was a "very high-strung, very intense man, very tightly wound.
News & Articles
- North Korea launches charm offensive, talks with South set for next week
North and South Korea agreed in principle Thursday to hold their first official talks for several years next week, signaling a thaw in frosty cross-border relations after months of high-strung diplomatic tensions and military exercises on both sides of the divided peninsula. The breakthrough, which some are attributing to a ...
June 6, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Darrell Waltrip in USA Today
You would have kind of thought that they would have thought (Edwards' note) was funny, but it apparently got a little heated,said Waltrip, now a Fox analyst. "You're looking at two of the probably most high-strung drivers in either garage...
- Ned Zeman in NBC 11.com
I think Teri was upset for a number of reasons,Zeman said. "She is, out of all the women, oddly, the most sensitive and maybe the most high-strung. She cries easily and I think it was a big surprise to her that not only had a rule been...
- Herm Edwards in International Herald Tribune
You anticipated that the first time the guy starts, that he's going to be a little high-strung. And he was,Edwards said. "He threw a lot of high balls. He threw some balls that you wish you could take back. We've given up 30 points on...