high-ranking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s at an elevated level in rank or importance
- It's not easy to get into the hula spirit in a hushed conference room in a restricted area of the gleaming white global headquarters of Nintendo, with several high-ranking .
- To a high-ranking KMT official in Taipei To the chief of an aboriginal tribe in eastern Taiwan The daughter of a Kaohsiung taxi driver In the United States.
- In the smooth-talking, God-fearing, 50-year-old Rudd, the top student of his high school, father of three and a former diplomat and high-ranking state bureaucrat, they appear to .
News & Articles
- International Response to NSA: WTF, America?
In a relatively scathing op-ed, a high-ranking government official let loose on the National Security Agency's data-mining program: "The more a society monitors, controls, and observes its citizens, the less free it is." Like many politicians who find themselves talking the security-privacy trade-off, she cited Benjamin Franklin. The thing is, the author isn't American. She's the German Justice ...
June 12, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Federal budget cuts force civilian employee furloughs
Three high-ranking commanders at Joint Base Lewis-McChord said federal budget cuts brought on by sequestration are forcing them to furlough as many as 10,000 civilian employees who work on base. "Now after all of the sacrifice, we're going back to them again and saying we want you to sacrifice some more," said JBLM Cmdr. Col. Chuck Hodges. Hodges said the budget for running basic services at the ...
June 11, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Hillary’s sorry state of affairs
WASHINGTON — A State Department whistleblower has accused high-ranking staff of a massive coverup — including keeping a lid on findings that members of then-Secretary Hillary Clinton’s security detail and the Belgian ambassador solicited prostitutes. A chief investigator for the agency’s inspector general wrote a memo outlining eight cases that...
June 11, 2013 - New York Post
- President Bush in Times Online
We have made it clear to high-ranking officials, whether they be Republicans or Democrats, that going to Syria sends mixed signals - signals in the region and, of course, mixed signals to President Assad,Mr Bush told journalists in the White...
- Patrick Fitzgerald in Bloomberg
Mr. Libby, a high-ranking public official and experienced lawyer, lied repeatedly and blatantly about matters at the heart of a criminal investigation,Fitzgerald said in court papers. "He has shown no regret for his actions, which...
- Larry Flynt in United Press International
In a full page ad published Sunday in the Washington Post, Flynt asks for information from anyone who has had a "sexual encounter with a current member of the United States Congress or a high-ranking government official."