high-rise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n tower consisting of a multistoried building of offices or apartments
`tower block' is the British term for `high-rise'
- a used of buildings of many stories equipped with elevators; tall
avenues lined with high-rise apartment buildings
- There is a market for high-rise condo hotels here; but its not as deep as people thought it was.
- Middle-income residents will have high-rise apartments.
- Gordon Mathews, professor of anthropology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, has been conducting field research in this high-rise souk for almost a year, living for up to .
News & Articles
- TWFD prepared for high-rise blazes
Woodlands Fire Chief Alan Benson knows the dangers and difficulties of fighting a high-rise fire. The knowledge makes him wary of staying in the upper levels of hotels.
June 21, 2013 - The Woodlands Villager
- Multiple injuries in downtown Houston high-rise fire
Multiple injuries in downtown Houston high-rise fire Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:39 pm, Thursday, June 20, 2013 Several CenterPoint employees were burned, one critically, when a fire erupted Thursday at the AT&T building in downtown Houston, fire officials said. The ...
June 20, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- 5 CenterPoint Energy workers hurt in fire outside high-rise building
A fire in an easement outside of a high-rise downtown Houston building resulted in injuries to five CenterPoint Energy employees.
June 20, 2013 - FOX 26 Houston
- Joseph Doria in Cherry Hill Courier Post
I understand and appreciate the desire of the proponents of this rule to increase high-rise safety,said state Department of Community Affairs Commissioner Joseph Doria Jr., mentioning perils faced by tenants as well as firefighters.
- Peter Costello in Melbourne Herald Sun
When I switched on my television and there's an oh so serious Kevin Rudd sitting in front of a high-rise building saying I'm an economic conservative,Mr Costello said. "A little more sophisticated than Latham, we have moved now from the...
- Les Miles in SI.com
) to his penchant for wearing them higher on his head than most ("Hats really have changed. They come down a little flatter in the front," said Miles. "It's kind of important to me that there's a little high-rise on the front end of the hat....