hexed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- s (usually used colloquially) causing or accompanied by misfortune
- Pont-Saint-Esprit speculated that the village idiot had hexed Baker Briand's flour, that the flour had been packed in fertilizer sacks, that rats in the grain elevator had .
- The three men whom he had hexed drove up to his door that evening and Blymyer shouted up to the window, "Come down, Rehmeyer.
- Once upon a time, a lovely princess pricked her finger on a hexed spindle, and along with the rest of the royal household fell into a deep repose.
News & Articles
- Mark Story: Is Kentucky Speedway cursed?
From Carmaggedon (2011) to a blistering heat wave (2012) to torrential rainfall (2013), all three Sprint Cup races at Kentucky Speedway have endured challenging circumstances. Yet Speedway General Manager Mark Simendinger says the track is not hexed.
July 1, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Clint Dolezel in Dallas Morning News
With Dallas sports, reporters like to use the word hexed or whatever. It doesn't matter what we do in the regular season,quarterback Clint Dolezel said. "We have to do whatever it takes to get to the championship."
- Bruce Weber in Peoria Journal Star
Free throws were better,Weber said in the understatement of the season. "A lot of times shooting is contagious. Some of the coaches blamed Steve Holdren when we finally missed because he hexed us in the huddle."