hi-fi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n equipment for the reproduction of sound with high fidelity
- n the reproduction of sound with little or no distortion
- s characterized by minimal distortion in sound reproduction
a hi-fi system
- A new neurosis has been discovered: audiophilia, or the excessive passion for hi-fi sound and equipment.
- To purchase, assemble and operate a first-class hi-fi set, a man once had to have the patience of Job, the funds of Croesus and the genius of Edison.
- The hi-fi fan who already owns a stereo setup with an FM tuner would need only to add a plug-in MPX adaptor ($39 up) to his tuner; or he can get himself a new, self-contained .
- Steve Jobs in Apple Hot News
Apple is reinventing the home stereo with the new iPod Hi-Fi, the first iPod accessory that adds true high-fidelity sound quality to the iPod,said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPod Hi-Fi's unrivaled acoustic performance and stunning design is...
- Tony Bullimore in NEWS.com.au
Speaking before setting sail today, Bullimore said he would cross the start line playing a version of Waltzing Matilda by Australian singer John Williamson "as loud as my hi-fi will play it". "The greatest thrill I will have is to put...
- Mindi Abair in Herald Palladium (subscription)
But it's "In Hi-Fi Stereo" that Abair says has taken her back to her musical roots, plunging headfirst into the deep end of soul-infused jazz.