heroin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a narcotic that is considered a hard drug; a highly addictive morphine derivative; intravenous injection provides the fastest and most intense rush
- Long-time heroin addicts who get supervised doses of the drug seem to stay in addiction treatment longer and have less criminal activity than similar addicts who get conventional .
- After a successful trial, Britain may soon set up clinics across the country where heroin addicts would receive supervised injections of the drug.
- What was the state of opium and heroin production in the tribal lands Noorzai commanded--the very region of Afghanistan where support for the Taliban remains strongest?.
News & Articles
- Heroin: Unintended consequence of meth, Rx drug crackdown
Think of a heroin user and what comes to mind? A gaunt addict in some flophouse with a needle hanging out of his arm?
June 17, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- Jason Gonzalez sold heroin to informant twice in last month, police say
A man who sold heroin to a police informant twice outside a restaurant over the last month has been busted, officials said. Jason O. Gonzalez sold heroin to the informant last Wednesday and on May 17 in the parking lot of the fast-food restaurant in the 300 block of Broadway in Bethlehem, officials said. During a search of Gonzalez's home at 518 Itaska St., Bethlehem, police found heroin, wax ...
June 17, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Heroin making its mark on Sheboygan
Heroin is the latest drug to hit the streets in Sheboygan County and law enforcement officers are fighting back harder than ever before.
June 16, 2013 - Sheboygan Press
- Diederick Santer in Times Online
Diederick Santer, EastEnders executive producer, said: "Nick Cotton is an EastEnders legend. His complex relationship with Dot, his criminal tendencies, and his addiction to heroin, violence, and everything else that's bad have made him one of the...
- John Lennon in Boston Globe (registration)
We've resurrected hope in ourselves, and we're hoping to spread it around a bit -- to tell people you can get off speed, you can get off H [heroin], you can get off pot. You know, because whatever they say, you do get hooked on it,says Lennon.
- Antonio in AFP
We will not solve the world drugs problem if we simply push addiction from cocaine and heroin to other addictive substances and there are unlimited amounts of them, produced in mafia labs at trivial costs,director Antonio Maria Costa said.