heroine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the main good female character in a work of fiction
- n a woman possessing heroic qualities or a woman who has performed heroic deeds
- As the book progresses, its heroine learns to make healthier lifestyle choices and finds a mentor to help keep her on track, Amstrong says: "She learns that she can become .
- He was more interested anyway in the heroine of his youth, his older wife, Murasaki of the versatile wit and mature charm.
- Updated on May 28, 2009 Our heroine is asleep at home.
News & Articles
- Disney's 'Frozen' Teaser Trailer: A Clever Snowman Loses His Carrot
This winter we’ll get another heroine-focused Disney flick with Frozen , which is loosely based on the fairy tale The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen . While the first looks at the animated film looked like this one was going to turn out rather dark, the first teaser trailer gives us something very fun and silly.
June 18, 2013 - ScreenCrave
- 'Doctor Who' star Jenna-Louise Coleman cast in 'Death Comes to Pemberley'
The all-star casting of BBC One's "Death Comes to Pemberley" mini-series continues. Jenna-Louise Coleman, best known to American audiences as Clara, the Doctor's most recent companion on "Doctor Who." According to Deadline, Coleman will play the part of Lydia Wickham, the youngest sister of "Pride and Prejudice" heroine Elizabeth Bennet (played by Anna Maxwell Martin in this adaptation). The ...
June 18, 2013 - Zap2It
- Books on Review: ‘Call The Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times’ by Jennifer Worth
Whoever heard of a midwife as a literary heroine? Yet midwifery is the very stuff of drama. Every child is conceived either in love or lust, is born in pain, followed by joy or sometimes remorse. A Midwife is in the thick of it, she sees it all.
June 17, 2013 - Dunn County News
- Joss Whedon in MTV.com
Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet,Whedon said. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power. When [co-producer] Joel...
- Roger Ebert in Winnipeg Free Press
In his review of the Swedish-language "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (which was directed by Niels Arden Oplev), Ebert noted that the film had the "rare quality of having a heroine more fascinating than the story."
- Desmond Tutu in Episcopal News Service
She was a true heroine who contributed to our country's peaceful transition when many predicted a racial bloodbath. South Africa is poorer without her,Nobel Peace Prize laureate Desmond Tutu, former Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, said on...