- n the qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle)
he showed great heroism in battle
- Among the highest and rarest medals for heroism in the nation's gift are the Distinguished Service Cross (for "extraordinary heroism .
- The Chinese Communists do their best to suppress stories of Christian heroism inside China.
- The World Trade Center and Pentagon tragedies produced astonishing twin images of heroism and destruction, capping a year full of photos that were truly unforgettable.
News & Articles
- Guest Viewpoint: Challenging myths about blindness
'Heroism' not inherent in those without sight
June 16, 2013 - Elmira Star-Gazette
- A 'new kind' of Republican? Are you kidding?
I suppose Republicans are to be congratulated for nominating a Latino Navy SEAL as their Senate candidate in Massachusetts. I recall when GOP lowlifes mocked and lied about the war heroism of John Kerry, and just last year Mitt Romney was saying the DREAM Act was a "handout" and Latinos voted for President Obama because they wanted "gifts."
June 15, 2013 - CNN
- Video: Fire crew saves Black Forest home
A new video capturing Colorado Springs firefighters shielding a Black Forest home from oncoming flames is a textbook example of firefighting that captures the everyday heroism of the fire crews.
June 14, 2013 - KMGH 7 Denver
- David Mamet in Variety
The good news is that some really great actors will be helping out and stepping in, which to me is a sign of great heroism and friendship,said Mamet, who declined to name the replacements.
- James Woolsey in Indiana Gazette
Former CIA Director James Woolsey calls him a "remarkable young man" who should be commended for "extraordinary heroism and courage."
- Dana Perino in FOXNews
Petty Officer Monsoor distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism on Sept. 29, 2006,presidential press secretary Dana Perino told reporters during a briefing aboard Air Force One.