heavyweight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 201 pounds
- n a wrestler who weighs more than 214 pounds
- n a professional boxer who weighs more than 190 pounds
- n a very large person; impressive in size or qualities
- n a person of exceptional importance and reputation
- Improvident of his earnings when he was a top-flight light heavyweight seven years ago, 29-year-old Jimmy Braddock had, after successive defeats, toppled completely out of the .
- Warhead: Contact fuse, 300 pounds (135 kilograms); delayed fuse penetrator, heavyweight, 300 pounds (135 kilograms).
- Couture reclaimed a heavyweight championship after coming out of yearlong retirement in 2007, though he lost his last fight, in November, to current UFC heavyweight champ Brock .
News & Articles
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: The Case for the Miz Entering the Title Hunt
It's common knowledge that, as of late, the World Heavyweight Championship has become little more than an afterthought to both fans and arguably the men not actively competing for the Big Gold Belt. It's almost as if Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio (with their co-stars) are in their own little world when it comes to what they're doing. For a belt that's as rich in history as the Big Gold Belt ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Rashad Evans Still Open to Middleweight Opportunities, but Wants to Fight Jon Jones Again
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans got back in the winner’s column by defeating MMA legend Dan Henderson via split-decision at UFC 161 on Saturday night.
June 16, 2013 - MMA Weekly via Yahoo! Sports
- Evans wins split decision in UFC 161
Former light heavyweight champions Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson went into their UFC 161 main event looking to remain in the mix for a future shot at champion Jon Jones.
June 16, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- David Haye in CNN
It's been 10 years since the heavyweight championship has been fought in Britain and everyone knows I had to go to Germany to take the title away from Nikolay Valuev,Haye told a press conference.
- Russell Crowe in Washington Post
It's not about a heavyweight fight,Crowe said in an interview with AP Television News. "What it is, is much more like two (guitarists) playing together, two people singing together."
- Gordon Brown in AFP
Congratulations to David Haye for his superb, courageous and determined performance in Germany last night to win the WBA Heavyweight crown -- Britain's first heavyweight champion for six years,Brown said.