- n any creature of exceptional size
- n a person of exceptional importance and reputation
- n an unusually large enterprise
Walton built a retail giant
- n a very large person; impressive in size or qualities
- n someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful
- n an imaginary figure of superhuman size and strength; appears in folklore and fairy tales
- n a very bright star of large diameter and low density (relative to the Sun)
- s of great mass; huge and bulky
- The giant slalom in Nagano will involve threading through gates along a 3,100-ft.
- A giant panda would be the perfect diplomatic exclamation point to the visit.
- PROHIBITION Giant Killers With a sack inside his vest, wily jack-the-giant-killer climbed the beanstalk and banqueted competitively with the Giant.
- Jimmy Carter in Parkersburg News
He was my closest and most valuable adviser while I served as president. I respected him and attempted in every way to remain in his good graces,Carter said. "He was a giant among legislators, and was courageous in espousing controversial...
- John McCain in TIME
In other words, Barack Obama's tax plan would convert the IRS into a giant welfare agency, redistributing massive amounts of wealth at the direction of politicians in Washington,McCain said in the radio address.
- Barry Bonds in New York Times
I would have loved nothing more than to retire as a Giant in the place where I call home and have shared so many momentous moments with all of you, but there is more baseball in me and I plan on continuing my career,Bonds wrote. "My quest...