- n a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture
- Drummond's blog is no hayseed effort; it's a slick-looking site that posts her photography, home remodeling tips, poetry, and recipes of dishes she's whipped up in her own kitchen.
- You can't hold them back by running that 1960s hayseed Princeton junk.
- But no hayseed or pie-eyed compositor is Columnist Pumpernickle Bill.
News & Articles
- Singer on solid ground
Some folk would take being called a hayseed as fightin’ words. Susan Werner will take them with a smile and a song.
July 3, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Abraham Lincoln in Examiner.com
Discussing his visit to Massachusetts with Henry Gardner, Lincoln noted: "I had been chosen to Congress then from the wild West, and with hayseed in my hair I went to Massachusetts, the most cultured State in the Union."