bumpkin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture
- Who but a slobbering bumpkin would think, "I feel your pain"? The ironists, seeing through everything, made it difficult for anyone to see anything.
- But trendy Tokyo girls soon tire of being copied by their country bumpkin cousins in Saitama and Okayama and start looking for newer, more kawaii looks to sportalmost as soon as .
- De Niro's doomed bumpkin is wonderfully exasperating, one of the most unsympathetic characters ever to win an audience's sympathy.
- Tommy Lee in NME.com
Going on to call Rock a "jealous country bumpkin", Lee says "I would like to apologize to Alicia and George and MTV for the disrespectful bulls--t caused by a piece of s--t called Kid Pebble!!"
- Kellie Pickler in Regina Leader-Post (registration)
I am this country bumpkin and he's an Eskimo,Pickler, who plans to visit Tootoo's home town this summer, told Us magazine. "I'm going to build an igloo!"
- Steve Mariucci in New York Times
Initially he liked having that country bumpkin image - the funny, carefree kid,Mariucci said. "That was OK, he's proud of where he's from. But he never stood up and said, 'You don't know how hard I work.' He never felt a need to. He never...