- n a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture
- n one of a race of brutes resembling men but subject to the Houyhnhnms in a novel by Jonathan Swift
- n a widely used search engine for the web that finds information, news, images, products, finance
News & Articles
- Yahoo! and Millward Brown Partner to Measure Online Marketing Effectiveness across Asia
HONG KONG, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Yahoo! Asia Pacific and Millward Brown, a leader in Brand Equity, Advertising Effectiveness and Media research, today announced a partnership to evaluate the brand ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Yahoo to release IDs of inactive email accounts
Yahoo to release IDs of inactive email accounts The attempted revival of the dormant accounts coincides with Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's nearly yearlong effort to create a bigger buzz around an Internet pioneer that had fallen out of fashion. If that happens, Yahoo would have more opportunities to show them the advertising that brings in most of its revenue. Besides email, the account names can be ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Yahoo Fought NSA PRISM Compliance In Court [Report]
Yahoo reportedly went to court to fight a NSA PRSIM court order in 2008 on 4th Amendment grounds, but lost. At that point, Yahoo may have decided that if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Last week, several high-profile tech companies including Yahoo emphatically denied cooperating with the federal government’s massive data mining program that [...] Yahoo Fought NSA PRISM Compliance In Court [Report ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Steve Ballmer in guardian.co.uk
Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, said: "Despite our best efforts, including raising our bid by roughly $5bn, Yahoo has not moved toward accepting our offer. After careful consideration, we believe the economics demanded by Yahoo do not...
- Tom Lantos in Guardian Unlimited
Yahoo claims that this is just one big misunderstanding. Let me be clear - this was no misunderstanding,said Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Tom Lantos, D-Calif. "This was inexcusably negligent behavior at best, and deliberately...
- Carl Icahn in Crian's New York business.com
In a letter to Chairman Roy Bostock Thursday, Mr. Icahn said "the board of directors at Yahoo has acted irrationally and lost the faith of shareholders," according to The Wall Street Journal.