harrowing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v draw a harrow over (land)
- s extremely painful
- In the midst of the harrowing violence, King nervously uttered the phrase that would forever be synonymous with him and the riot: "Can we all just get along?".
- Further proof that many of the best movies are no longer at the movies, this story of a young Jewish neo-Nazi was a harrowing interrogation of cultural identity and hate.
- But in this pup's harrowing quest to return home to the Hills, she ends up finding her inner bark.
News & Articles
- Bret Michaels Was in Another Scary Bus Crash
Getty Images Bret Michaels just might be a cat. The guy is probably on his sixth life at this point — after a series of harrowing health issues a few years back AND a recent bus crash . This time, his frightening accident occurred Friday when his tour bus accidentally hit a group of deer on the way to a concert in Biloxi, Miss. Michaels got a little banged up, but was generally fine. "Except for ...
June 22, 2013 - Zimbio
- Answers to your questions on heroin
We’ve shared the harrowing stories — of increased deaths due to heroin and opiate overdoses, of parents who lost their children who were battling with addiction, of young adults prostituting themselve
June 21, 2013 - Bucks County Courier Times
- Fed pulls the rug out from under market
A harrowing global market sell-off has been unleashed as policymakers start tightening liquidity.
June 20, 2013 - MSN
- Alex Salmond in WalesOnline
Scotland`s First Minister Alex Salmond said: "As we approach the 20th anniversary of that harrowing evening and appalling tragedy, my thoughts, and those of my colleagues in the Scottish Government, are with the people of Lockerbie, and with all...
- Slaven Bilic in International Herald Tribune
We are really glad that we have him in our team after that harrowing experience of his,Croatia coach Slaven Bilic said of Klasnic.
- George Voinovich in USA Today
Those of us that have been given the honor to serve in these times must step up to the plate and put this country on a course that will see it through these harrowing times and make it strong and viable for the 21st century,Voinovich said.