harnessed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v put a harness
- v exploit the power of
- v control and direct with or as if by reins
- v keep in check
- s brought under control and put to use
electricity from the harnessed Colorado River
the harnessed power of the atom
- A Philippine widow harnessed the power of prayer and protest to overthrow tyranny.
- Then she gets over those starting blocks andboomall that harnessed energy explodes into speed.
- Instead they're trying to figure out how this cell growth can be harnessed to treat everything from epilepsy to stress to depression.
News & Articles
- Hiker injured after encountering bees
PHOENIX -- A dramatic rescue of a young woman in her 20s took place Sunday at the Papago mountains. “She encountered some bees, fell down and had an isolated ankle injury,” said Capt. Larry Nunez with the Phoenix Fire Department. She couldn't get off the mountain on her own, so she was harnessed for safety by rescue crews then escorted down the mountain. “Our units and Tempe units had to ...
June 10, 2013 - KTVK 3TV Phoenix
- Minnesota Vikings: Frazier has high hopes for Robison
The scar cresting Brian Robison's right shoulder is a reminder of the sprained AC joint and protruding collarbone that harnessed his ability to rush the quarterback during the Vikings' 2012 playoff push.
June 5, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Virgil in New York Post
I could see it was two horses,she said. "They were running at full speed and they were harnessed together and I knew we were going to most certainly get hit, and as soon as it happened, everybody was crying and screaming."
- Jack Black in News1130
If you harnessed all that electricity, it would probably be enough to take a small unmanned ship to the moon and back,Black said. "It's got to be 1.21 gigawatts of light flashes. It's just going to be sick. Do we really need that many...
- Adm William Fallon in FOXNews
A lot of this is less coordinated than it might be, and if we could figure out how to get it harnessed together we might be able to leverage all the (contributions) ...... to better effect,Fallon said.