- n a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
- n stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
- v put a harness
harness the horse
- v exploit the power of
harness natural forces and resources
- v control and direct with or as if by reins
- v keep in check
- Not having breasts would also make the harness straps that hold her upright more comfortable.
- Stanley Dancer, 38, is a big man around the East's big-city harness tracks.
- In the harness classes, there was a seasoned show-horse which no comparatively new competitor could hope to displace.
News & Articles
- John Stark Jr., Tye Dye inducted into Saratoga Harness Hall of Fame
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Walk into the Saratoga Harness Hall of Fame and you are immediately greeted by a shrine to the so-called “Queen of Saratoga Raceway,” a record-setting pacer named Bunny Lake. Her image has adorned the walls of the temple to the history of the sport in this city ever since her 2009 induction, when John Stark Jr. called her the kind of horse trainers and drivers dreamed of having.
June 12, 2013 - The Saratogian
- Unique Mechatronic Integration for Wiring Harness Development and Manufacture
HANNOVER, Germany, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consistent harness design solution in cooperation with CATIA specialists After acquiring the Harness Integration Manager (HIM) from the Engineering Center ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- NASA Eyeing Nuclear Fusion Rockets for Future Space Exploration
Rockets that harness the power of nuclear fusion may provide the next big leap in humanity's quest to explore the final frontier, NASA's science chief says.
June 11, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times (blog)
In order to truly harness our potential in clean energy, we'll have to do more,Obama said.
- Danny Jordaan in MiamiHerald.com
Now, to their credit, those people have said sorry and complimented the way we have run the tournament,he said. "The positive energy in our country we need to harness and maintain after the World Cup ends. For a while, we'll be depressed...
- Cristie Kerr in USA Today
I'm a pretty emotional persona, and to be able to kind of harness that in a way, and channel it to playing well is amazing,Kerr said. "I didn't limit myself. I wanted to see how far I could take it. And I took it pretty far. ...... I don't...