handed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v place into the hands or custody of
- v guide or conduct or usher somewhere
- a having or involving the use of hands
a handed, tree-living animal
a four-handed card game
- But my grandmother turned me into a right-handed person.
- Left-handed people are such a sorry lot.
- An estimated 260 million people around the globe live left-handed lives in a right-handed world, Leonardo da Vinci and Alexander the Great were lefthanded, and so were Babe Ruth,.
News & Articles
- UK top court rules against oil tycoon in divorce
Britain's top court on Wednesday handed an oil tycoon a costly setback in a divorce case, ruling he must give his ex-wife assets held by companies he owns. In a case with significant implications for wealthy ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Armenia drub Denmark 4-0 in "worst night" of coach's career
(Reuters) - Armenia's Yura Movsisyan scored twice as his unfancied side handed Denmark a shock 4-0 home defeat in their World Cup Group B qualifier on Tuesday, leaving the hosts struggling to qualify for Brazil. "It's the worst night of my footballing life," Denmark coach Morten Olsen told Denmark's TV2 in an interview. "It's incomprehensible that we couldn't perform better, but it's 100 percent ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Short-handed police department asking mail carriers and garbage workers to help fight crime
A shorthanded California police department is turning to postal workers and garbage collectors to help them spot crime in their city.
June 11, 2013 - Fox News
- Charlie Manuel in The Associated Press
His number speak for themselves,Manuel said. "He's got tremendous stuff and being left-handed definitely helped him."
- Dick DeGuerin in Austin American-Statesman
The present insolvency of the Stanford Companies was caused by the SEC's heavy-handed actions, which have destroyed, and continue to destroy, much of the value of the Stanford Companies and consequently, the interests of investors,DeGuerin said.
- Benazir Bhutto in Washington Post
Bhutto, according to the AP, said she hoped her current talks with other opposition parties would produce "an interim government of national consensus to whom power can be handed."