half : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one of two equal parts of a divisible whole
half a loaf
half an hour
a century and one half
- n one of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
- s consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity
a half chicken
lasted a half hour
- s partial
gave me a half smile
he did only a half job
- a (of siblings) related through one parent only
a half brother
- r partially or to the extent of a half
he was half hidden by the bushes
- The Nevada population is one-quarter Hispanic, and typically about half of South Carolina Democratic-primary voters are African American.
- While Bill Clinton ran the nation for eight years, his half brother, Roger, lived in Bill's shadow.
- Devon Aoki, a half-Japanese and half-American concoction, has captivated London and New York catwalks with her woodblock-print features and long limbs.
- Arsene Wenger in The Canadian Press
Koscielny is a central defender with great ability who performed extremely well last season for Lorient,Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. "We identified him as a very strong centre half, who has made big progress very quickly. He has...
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
Last week I shot 70-76, and I didn't play Saturday. I didn't play Sunday. I traveled on Monday. I hit two bags of balls on Tuesday and a couple of putts, maybe an hour and a half of practice. I played the Pro-Am yesterday, and I'm not kidding, we... Paul Goydos http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Goydos&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJZ19w-IlK5t9kCzfzUNoXM5RZjQ Golfweek.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/jul/08/mr-sunshines-outlook-pays-during-59/%3FBLOG-TourBlog&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZu_bKAJApPtxUYBPVGlfWOzlDtA Jul 8, 2010
44977 61378 half We had a good first half hour. And we started well in the second half," coach Bert Van Marwijk said. "We should have scored 2-0, 3-0, maybe 4-0 there."